Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

recent posts

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Life After the NICU

The twins will be 4 months tomorrow. We haven't had a doctor's appointment in over a month so I'm going to wait until our next appointment to do an update on them so I can get updated weights and heights since I know some of you (and me!) are curious as to how they're growing.

I was looking at the blog yesterday at some of my early posts and I can't believe how much has changed in the past 4 weeks! Not just with the twins, but with my life as well. I went from a happy-go-lucky (most of the time) preggo, to a new mom terrified if my twins were going to be ok, to a stressed out mom covered in baby puke 99.9% of my days. There are good days and bad days with the babies lately, but even the worst day is 100 times better than any NICU day. I don't think I've ever been so stressed out in my life as I was those 2 months. I'm amazed I have any hair left.

Looking back on the old pictures, they hardly look like the same babies, yet they're exactly the same. Some of the mannerisms that they had that you can really see in the video clips are exactly the same now. Jack plays with his hands the same way, Mia makes the same goofy facial expressions. I'm amazed I once had babies so tiny though. They are so big now. Jack is heavy to lift around. Mia is still light (compared to Jack) but she's such a big girl rolling over and sitting up with some help. I see other 3-4 month old babies around and obviously, they don't come close to comparing. They are much more similar to a baby the same age as their adjusted age, than their actual age. But even that is an amazing feet considering where they came from.

So happy 4 months to my sweet, wonderful, big, beautiful babies :)
Mommy and daddy love you more and more every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin