Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

recent posts

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Baby Madness!

It's time for another fun fundraiser for the March for Babies, this one is March Madness inspired...and a way to con my brothers to all donate by doing something they will like for once ;)

What better way to enjoy March Madness and raise some money for healthy babies then with a pool!

The details:
  • $10 buy in.
  • 50% of the money raised will go to the March for Babies and Team Pepka Twins!
  • The other 50% goes to the lucky winner! 
Because I want as many people as possible to get involved and I don't want living nearby to be a restriction I've come up with a plan that requires you to have an espn.com account and a paypal account. According to my brother, these are both things that all people old enough to participate should have. If you don't, they're both easy and free to start up. Tom and I will probably both have brackets, but we're not eligible to win ;)

First, send your $10 buy in through paypal to emily.pepka@gmail.com. I'll keep all the money on my account there. When the game locks when the tournament starts I'll let everyone know how much the winner will receive. The other half will be donated to our March for Babies team! If you transfer the money via credit card, there will be a small fee, just say that I will pay the fee. There's no fee for a bank account transfer. Just depends on what you have on your paypal. Either one will work, both are safe and secure ways to transfer money...and probably safer than in your buddy's hat in his room waiting until the end of the tournament. You can do this any time starting now. I'll send reminders to everyone who enters when the brackets become available.

Second, fill out your bracket on ESPN as part of the Team Pepka Twins group. You can check on there as the tournament goes on how you're doing.

At the end, whoever has the winning bracket I will send you your winning $$$ through paypal again.

There's no limit to how many brackets you enter. $10 per bracket.

Hopefully this is a way everyone is comfortable with. I've debated a gift basket or a gift card for the winner and everyone just donating to our March for Babies team, but when it comes down to it, I know a lot of you would prefer the cash.

This will also hopefully encourage you to share this fundraiser and get more people involved...after all, the more people who participate, the greater the winning amount will be....and the more money donated to the March of Dimes! Everyone is invited to play, they don't need to be my bff or anything, so please share with your friends and all basketball lovers that you know.

Selection Sunday is March 17 and March Madness kicks off March 19. All entries must be in by then and the pool will lock. The Championship is April 8 and the winner will receive their money the next day.

Questions, comments, concerns, things I didn't mention on here, please let me know!

Thanks everyone for participating!! and thanks for helping babies! Good Luck!


1 comment:

  1. You made some respectable points there. I seemed on the web for the problem and located most individuals will associate with with your website.MIRACLE

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin