Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

recent posts

Friday, August 26, 2011

(Not) California Twins

The world is against me getting to California, haven't you heard? Maybe it's because it's going to fall into the ocean and some greater power wants to keep me and the twins above water?

Who knows.

But I may never get there. The twins may never get to see their nursery and new cribs and toys and books and swing.

And I'm mostly using this blog as a way to vent. Because I'm upset and frustrated and just really want to get settled in California. But of course, that's never going to happen.

So while Jack's equipment is FAA A-ok, we don't have the battery life to go from Pennsylvania to California. And we can't plug any of the equipment onto the plane, so says the lovely people at United. So essentially, we can't go. We can't go without the equipment and I don't want to risk Jack really needing it and we only have enough battery to use it half of the trip. I don't know how he'll handle the plane or how his lungs will adapt to the pressure changes and oxygen changes. But I don't want to find out the hard way that he can't handle it and not have the necessary equipment to keep him breathing.

So we're stuck. I don't know how long Jack will need the oxygen and monitor. He's still having issues breathing, especially while he eats. Getting to California isn't worth his life. I just don't know how to get there.

Don't say drive. Don't you dare. We'd have the same battery issue on the road and I don't want to get stuck in Iowa because Jack had a medical emergency and had to go to a hospital there. That'd be even worse than being stuck in Pennsylvania. Atleast I have family here.

So we're in PA. We're stuck in PA. We may never make it to California. It could be months until Jack is strong enough that I'd feel comfortable taking him on a plane without the monitor and O2.

Anyone have a private jet we can use and plug our equipment into on it? That'd be super, thanks. I kind of miss my husband. And my car. And my bed. And my clothes. And my sanity.

Venting over.

I have pretty babies.

The end.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for peace as you wait out your move to Cali... also praying for quick healing for your precious little boy. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin