Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

recent posts

Monday, April 6, 2015

Cuties for Your Cutie (Diaper Review)

As I write this review, I'm smacked in the face with the reality that I've been changing diapers for 4 years. 4! Years! And we have a solid probably 2 years left. That will bring my grand total of diapering years to 6. 4 kids. 6 years. A heck of a lot of diapers I've changed.

I won't be sad when the diapers are gone.

In these past 4 years, I'm pretty confident in saying there isn't a diaper brand we haven't tried. Cloth and disposables, we've tried them all. I'm a big advocate for cloth and it's 100% my go-to diaper, but there have been times when we have had to use disposables. We also had a lot of skin issues with that baby B of ours. He had so many diaper rash issues, we went through a lot of different diapers, cloth and disposable, to find something to keep his skin clear. We still haven't really figured out a solution as far as diapers go, but there have definitely been some diapers that work better than others. Every diaper we've tried has had pros and cons, from fit to absorbency to staying on through a wiggly day or a long night, the diapering world is a big one.

So when a diaper brand that I hadn't even heard of was looking for kids to test out a diaper in Ben's size, I was curious! I'd like to try a new diaper and see how it works!


So first things first, size. Ben is right around 30lbs and 35" so he is right in the middle of the size 4 category. They fit nicely around his waist. They are cut a bit wider so I was worried they would be a little rough on his sensitive skin in his thighs but I haven't noticed it as an issue. Overall, I'd say they fit well and like other size 4 brands so no complaints there.




Style is something that is becoming more important in disposable diapers to a lot of people and I don't think that trend has been lost on the Cuties people. The tiger theme on the packaging and diaper is cute, but honestly, I could care less about design. We have a few designed cloth diapers but mostly solid colors. I like the different colors in cloth for babies but I used them a lot like bloomers on Amelia since they were so much fluffier. In disposables though, I really don't care at all. I put bloomers on if I want a  cute coordinating look under a dress and don't leave disposables on their own. If design is something you like, the tigers are cute, but they don't offer variety. I'm not sure about other sizes and their designs since I only tried the size 4 diapers, but I wouldn't rank Cuties up there with some other companies in top design/style diapers.



Now, the really important part to most people, price and function. The price I compared and Cuties diapers definitely fall on the lower end of the price scale. Their price is similar to a lot of store brand/generic diapers. Definitely cheaper than the big name brands. A LOT cheaper than the green/eco friendly diaper crowd. I'm happy to say though, the function I think falls a long the lines of the name brand diapers, which, in my opinion, out-preform all other disposable diapers.



The cheaper diapers and the green/eco friendly brands all have absorbency issues. We have tried many store brand cheaper diapers in several states and they have all leaked or fallen off. They sag a lot, cause more skin rashes than usual, and overall, you get what you pay for.

The chlorine free and eco friendly diapers are the best for skin rashes but their absorbency is meh. I also think a lot of their tabs to keep the diapers on are weak and don't work well with bigger wiggly kids. For the lack of skin issues, we have definitely stuck with those diapers when we can, but the price is a doozy when you're diapering 3 kids. Finding they have slipped off in the middle of the night and now you have to do an extra load of wash is definitely not quite as fun.

Cuties diapers tabs are easy to use and stay on strong. The diapers don't sag as much when they're wet, so when you have to stretch time between diaper changes because you're out and about, you don't have to worry as much about a saggy booty. They stay on well and absorb well for overnight use. No matter the wiggly, they keep their fit and don't cause irritation like other brands. The function for the price is definitely a great deal, in my opinion. One of the best options on the market!



So, overall, we really enjoyed Cuties diapers. I think they do exactly what they are designed to do and for the price, out-preform many other diapers. It's no wonder that they've been named as a Parent Tested, Parent Approved winner! If you haven't checked out PTPA yet, I highly recommend it when shopping around for baby and kid gear! Many of you know, I am a blogger on their site from time to time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin